Wednesday, April 30, 2014
08:30 AM - 09:15 AM
The Basel requirements prescribe the need to manage metadata to support "reliable, traceable & authentic reporting" (APRA).
Metadata can have a key part to play in other regulatory compliance initiatives or certification processes to clearly demonstrate what components exist in the organization's architecture, their capabilities and interdependencies.
In common with other large organizations, Bendigo Bank does not suffer from a lack of metadata. In fact, the Bank has metadata all over the place. Getting the right metadata, ensuring it is fit for purpose & is easily accessible and available, was the challenge.
This presentation describes our experience in implementing Metadata Management. Delegates will learn:
- How to initiate a Metadata Management program.
- The importance of Business Metadata that can be described through an Enterprise Data Model.
- How to integrate Metadata with other Data Management initiatives.
- The role of technology solutions to support Metadata Management.
- Tips & hints for avoiding pitfalls and achieving success.
An IT professional, I have worked for over 20 years with major "Blue Chip" organizations with a key focus on Data Architectures and Data Management. My practical work has been supplemented by strong interests in research on the topic and presentations at national and international conferences. I completed a Masters in Computer Science with a thesis on Managing Data Quality for a Data Warehouse.